SAFe® 4.0 for Teams
Associated Certification: SAFe Practitioner (SP)
• Changing markets and technologies are offering enterprises new ways to approach projects and develop the tools they need to succeed.
• Specifically, agile development is seen as a way for CIOs adjust to this new way of doing business.
• If executed well, use of agile methods have the capability to transform IT-business relationships as well as have a positive effect on IT value delivery. “Done badly”, agile development will create a lot more problems than it solves.
• Our Certified Agile Trainers have learnt and experienced on the ground implementing Agile transformations with-in organizations and teams.
• This course teaches teams who are part of an Agile Release Train (ART) how to work in an Agile environment using Scrum, Kanban, and XP. The teams will learn how to become Agile Teams, build their backlog, and plan and execute iterations.
Agile teams learn about their ART and their role in it, planning, executing, and improving with other teams. This class prepares teams to run a Program Increment (PI), including all meetings at the Team and Program level with a specific focus on the upcoming PI planning.
• Attending the class prepares participants to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Practitioner (SP).
Who can benefit from this course
• All stakeholders of an Agile Release Train at the beginning of its SAFe journey
Course area covered
• Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise
• Know your team and its role on the Agile Release Train
• Know all other teams on the train, their roles and the dependencies between the teams
• Plan iterations
• Execute iterations, demo value, and improve your process
• Plan Program Increments
• Integrate and work with other teams on the train
• Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®)
• Building an Agile Team
• Planning the Iteration
• Executing the Iteration
• Executing the Program Increment
SAFe® Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
• A SAFe Practitioner certificate
• One-year certified membership as a SAFe Practitioner
What You Get
The class registration includes:
• Attendee workbooks
• Eligibility for attendees to take the SAFe® Practitioner (SP) exam with
certification exam administration and scoring
• Renewals are from the date of certification
• Renewal fee: $100
• 10 continuing education/outreach hours
How the course will be given:
• This course will be interactive allowing the students to participate on different group exercises.
• There is space for questions and answers from our experienced trainers.
• In between the different parts of the course there will also be videos that will help the students to understand different perspectives about what is given during the course.
• Duration: 2 days
• Starting at 9AM finishing at 5:30PM
• 9AM to 10:30 – Course
• 10:30 to 10:40 Coffee/ Tea break
• 10:40 to 12 – Course
• 12 to 13
• 13 to 15 – Course
• 15 to 15:15 Coffee/ Tea break
• 15:15 to 17:15 – Course
• 17:15 to 17:30 Questions and Answers
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
• Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 Continuing Education – Strategic PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications
• Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance