SAFe® 4.0 Program Portfolio Management (PPM)
Agile Program Portfolio Management Training
• Changing markets and technologies are offering enterprises new ways to approach projects and develop the tools they need to succeed.
• Specifically, agile development is seen as a way for CIOs adjust to this new way of doing business.
• If executed well, use of agile methods have the capability to transform IT-business relationships as well as have a positive effect on IT value delivery. “Done badly”, agile development will create a lot more problems than it solves.
• Our Certified Agile Trainers have learnt and experienced on the ground implementing Agile transformations with-in organizations and teams.
• After this course you will be able to create your Lean-Agile Enterprise Portfolio.
• Leave with an understanding of how the principles and practices of the
Framework accelerate Value Flow and support Lean-Agile Program Portfolio
Management, Governance, Lean-Agile Budgeting and Software Capitalization.
• Get the resources you need to implement Lean-Agile Portfolio Management.
Who can benefit from this course
• Senior executives
• Solutions Managers
• Line of Business Owners
• Product/Program Directors
• Lean Agile Leaders
• Program Managers
• Product Managers
• Product Owners
• Project Managers
• Agile Change Agents
• Agile Coaches
Prepare for Program Portfolio Management (PPM)
• Know the three levels of SAFe
• Know how to implement SAFe
• Understand that change is hard
• Self-assess readiness
Implement the Portfolio Level
• Identify PPM Members
• Define Strategic Themes
• Identify Value Streams
• Split Value Streams into ARTs
• Coordinate ARTs in a Value Stream
• Advance the Solution with Epics
• Prioritize Epics
• Implement the Portfolio Kanban System
• Implement Epics
• Applying Portfolio Governance
Budgeting and Capitalization
• Implement Lean-Agile budgeting
• Understand how to capitalize costs
How the course will be given:
• This course will be interactive allowing the students to participate on different group exercises.
• There is space for questions and answers from our experienced trainers.
• In between the different parts of the course there will also be videos that will help the students to understand different perspectives about what is given during the course.
• Duration: 2 days
• Starting at 9AM finishing at 5:30PM
• 9AM to 10:30 – Course
• 10:30 to 10:40 Coffee/ Tea break
• 10:40 to 12 – Course
• 12 to 13
• 13 to 15 – Course
• 15 to 15:15 Coffee/ Tea break
• 15:15 to 17:15 – Course
• 17:15 to 17:30 Questions and Answers