SAFe® 4.0 Product Manager / Product Owner
Certification: SAFe® Product Manager-Product Owner (SPMPO)
• Changing markets and technologies are offering enterprises new ways to approach projects and develop the tools they need to succeed.
• Specifically, agile development is seen as a way for CIOs adjust to this new way of doing business.
• If executed well, use of agile methods have the capability to transform IT-business relationships as well as have a positive effect on IT value delivery. “Done badly”, agile development will create a lot more problems than it solves.
• Our Certified Agile Trainers have learnt and experienced on the ground implementing Agile transformations with-in organizations and teams.
• At the end of this course, attendees will have the tools and knowledge they need to write Epics, Features, and User Stories within the Scaled Agile Framework, and have a solid foundation on how to manage programs in the Lean-Agile Enterprise.
Who can benefit from this course
• Product managers
• Product owners
• Project Managers
• Lean-agile leaders
• Agile change agents
• Gain a high level understanding of SAFe
• Differentiate Product Manager and Product Owner roles
• Perform SAFe Events
• Contributing to Portfolio Content (Epics, Features, and Stories)
• Defining and Managing Solution Value
• Traditional vs. Agile Product Management
• Strategic Themes
• Calculate WSJF for economic prioritization, Cost of Delay
• Understand the lightweight Business Case
• Develop the Vision and Roadmap
• Delivering Features (Program/Team)
• Non Functional Requirements / Agile Architecture Overview
• Author Epics and decompose into Features
• Write User Stories (Writing Features, Epics, Stories, Acceptance Criteria, Acceptance Test Driven Development, Definition of Done, Accepting Stories,
• Release Planning Process
• Program Execution
• Team Ceremonies
• Managing Stakeholders (Communication Expectations, Influence/Interest Matrix, Stakeholder Plan)
• Building Communities of Practice
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® PM/PO (PMPO).
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
A SAFe PM/PO certificate
• One-year certified membership as a SAFe PM/PO
• A SAFe PM/PO branding kit with the PMPO certification mark
What You Get
The class registration includes:
• Attendee workbooks
• Eligibility to take the SAFe PM/PO exam
• One-year membership to Scaled Agile, with access to members-only resources such as webinars, workbooks, guidance presentations, and advance notice of upcoming SAFe products
SAFe PM/PO (PMPO) attendance certificate upon request
• Renewals are from the date of certification.
• Renewal fee: $100
• 10 continuing education/outreach hours
How the course will be given:
• This course will be interactive allowing the students to participate on different group exercises.
• There is space for questions and answers from our experienced trainers.
• In between the different parts of the course there will also be videos that will help the students to understand different perspectives about what is given during the course.
• Duration: 2 days
• Starting at 9AM finishing at 5:30PM
• 9AM to 10:30 – Course
• 10:30 to 10:40 Coffee/ Tea break
• 10:40 to 12 – Course
• 12 to 13
• 13 to 15 – Course
• 15 to 15:15 Coffee/ Tea break
• 15:15 to 17:15 – Course
• 17:15 to 17:30 Questions and Answers
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
• Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 Continuing Education – Strategic PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications
• Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance