Leading SAFe® 4.0
Leading the Lean-Agile Software Enterprise with the Scaled Agile Framework®
• Changing markets and technologies are offering enterprises new ways to approach projects and develop the tools they need to succeed.
• Specifically, agile development is seen as a way for CIOs adjust to this new way of doing business.
• If executed well, use of agile methods have the capability to transform IT-business relationships as well as have a positive effect on IT value delivery. “Done badly”, agile development will create a lot more problems than it solves.
• Our Certified Agile Trainers have learnt and experienced on the ground implementing Agile transformations with-in organizations and teams.
• You’ll learn how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, how to build an Agile Portfolio, and how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation at enterprise scale. You will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and how to
apply the principles and practices of SAFe to support Agile teams, programs, program portfolio management, and to coordinate large Value Streams.
• Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA).
Who can benefit from this course
• Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
• Development, QA and Infrastructure Management
• Program and Project Managers
• Product and Product Line Management
• Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
• Enterprise, System and Solution Architects
• Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
• Understanding SAFe Principles
• Implementing an Agile Release Train
• Experiencing PI Planning
• Executing and Releasing Value
• Building an Agile Portfolio
• Coordinating Large Value Streams
• Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise
After this course, you will understand how to:
• Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise
• Support the execution of Agile Release Trains
• Coordinate large Value Streams
• Manage a Lean-Agile Portfolio
• Align the organization to a common process model
• Configure the Framework for your context
• Unlock the intrinsic motivation of knowledge workers
• Support a Lean-Agile transformation in your enterprise
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
• A SAFe Agilist certificate
• One year certified membership as a SAFe Agilist
• SAFe Agilist branding kit with the SA certification mark
What You Get
The class registration includes:
• Attendee workbooks
• Eligibility to take the SAFe Agilist exam
• One-year membership to Scaled Agile, with access to members-only resources
such as webinars, workbooks, guidance presentations, and advance notice of
• SAFe Agilist (SA) attendance certificate upon request
• Renewals are from the date of certification
• Renewal fee: $100
• 10 continuing education/outreach hours
How the course will be given:
• This course will be interactive allowing the students to participate on different group exercises.
• There is space for questions and answers from our experienced trainers.
• In between the different parts of the course there will also be videos that will help the students to understand different perspectives about what is given during the course.
• Duration: 2 days
• Starting at 9AM finishing at 5:30PM
• 9AM to 10:30 – Course
• 10:30 to 10:40 Coffee/ Tea break
• 10:40 to 12 – Course
• 12 to 13
• 13 to 15 – Course
• 15 to 15:15 Coffee/ Tea break
• 15:15 to 17:15 – Course
• 17:15 to 17:30 Questions and Answers
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
• Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 Continuing Education – Strategic PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications
• Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance